Monday, March 30, 2009

Finished object: first lace pattern

I am happy to announce I finally finished knitting a lace pattern scarf for my Mom (for her birthday which was two weeks ago, but better late than never!). Mama N was right. Once I became comfortable with the pattern I found it very easy and fast to knit. A lace pattern requires a little more concentration and focus. Any mistake will show very easily. I liked Mama N's advice to use some scrap yarn to weave through and mark each beginning row of the pattern (the above scarf was a 24-row pattern). This makes it easy to rip out your work if you make a mistake and know where to start again.

The pattern is Ribbon Lace Scarf.

I am very excited to start my first Brooklyn Tweed pattern this week. More on that project later...

No comments:

Post a Comment