Monday, March 16, 2009

One knitting pattern for men's hat needed



I want to knit this hat for my dad's birthday. Anyone have a pattern that would help me replicate this? Ahem, Mama N?


I know what yarn I want to buy at The Point, and as soon as Mama J has chosen her next project I'll go buy the yarn and eat cupcakes with her one afternoon.


I think it is a simple rib, then stockinette stitch with decreases at the top. All knitting on the round. I just don't know how many to cast on and how to calculate the number of stitches and decreases at the top.


2 comments:

  1. I've got the pattern. http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Brittique/turn-a-square

    Just ignore all the stripes and add one where you want it. But the stripes, or squares do look good.

    Remember to check your gauge or you'll be knitting it twice like me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mama N! I wish you were here so we could go to The Point together!!

    ReplyDelete